Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Riches

Money doesn't buy happiness. That's one saying I've heard since as long as I can remember. When I was a kid, I have heard all sorts of stories regarding people who had spent all of their lives earning money and not devoting time to family or friends, living life alone as a result. A sad way to go. But maybe those guys had done it all wrong. I mean, I can't think of how money making can get you to be a loner. Maybe those sad people missed something out.

What I'm trying to say is, would you give away all the wealth you posses if an occasional genie comes and promises you eternal love? Would you give away a dream job just so you can get an extra day off to spend time with friends, even if it means getting a much smaller pay in return? I don't want to sound negative or such, but all I'm saying is that a balance is important.

Life is given to us to live. What's the point of all the money if not used to spend them in the way they were used to. But then again, even if I were to find love, I wouldn't want that person to stay with me in a miserable condition. If I truly loved that person, I would spend time away( not all of my time, a fraction) and see to it that I can earn sufficiently to provide her with a life. People may argue that love solves all problems, but lets be practical, love doesn't feed the stomach. And besides, I think a swanky roadster will make me happy. Very happy.

And even if you do not manage to get the money, there is no guarantee that you will be happy. So money isn't necessarily the root of all evil. It's most important to maintain the balance. Just saying that I'd rather cry in a limo than sitting on a bicycle :p

1 comment: