Sunday, December 11, 2011

A bet on my social life. Yep, it's that bad...

If you have read my earlier blog post titled "Dude you gotta start speaking to girls", you can call this a follow up post. If you haven't, let me fill you up real quick. I'm an introvert person who has a few friends. These are really cool friends of mine. Recently, I don't know why, they seem to have developed an interest in my social life, particularly a lack of female company. Before u start judging, hear me out. Like I explained before, the only reason I don't have much of female interaction is because I haven't found any need to. And I'm not into starting random conversations with people I don't know. Call me weird.

One of my rather enthusiastic friend decided to play a prank on me a few days back. Thing is, I turn red at the first sign of embarrassment, shyness or any emotion I'm not used to on a daily basis. He told me he would invite his friend (a girl) to our place. I was cool about it. Sadly my face was a slight shade of pink. Shouldn't have been. He would pull off the same thing every other day and watch my face (traitor) change color. Eventually I figured his prank and got over it. No more mister red face. :) Well almost. My roommate still jokes around saying that what an awesome magic tricks it would be to tell a girl to touch my nose and watch as my face instantly goes red.

Now yesterday he shows up and starts making plans about the new year. Says the gang would go out to party. You know, hit a club, drink and do all the stuff people call fun. Now I'd love to tell you that I'm an awesome dancer but the sad truth being that I can't dance to save my life. Unless...nah. Too disturbing. So I'm sceptical about the dancing part, and he decides to show me a few of his moves. Asks me to emulate his moves. Bad idea. Very bad idea. We all cracked up and laughed our guts out. Even I have to admit, that moment was epic!

He ultimately comes to a conclusion that my heart's not into it (Wonder when he got a hint). I was too much of an introvert. That I would never, ever land up with a date. Or meet up with anybody. I didn't care. Still don't. I was laughing hard. Then my roomy decided to take my stand ( nice guy). He said that I would DEFINITELY do awesome( nice guy. Told ya). Anyways a wager was in order and as I sat there trying to comprehend the situation, they bet on my social life. Sad. Makes me wonder where I'm going from here. Wobble will have a girlfriend with him by the time he graduates,    i.e, by one and a half year's time. Awkward moment. Really awkward.

Maybe I'll update on the development. Lets see who wins :P
This is post for all those fellow shy people who have awesome friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment