Friday, December 2, 2011

Love, betrayal and friendship...my views here.

Earlier this week, a friend of mine updated his blog with a post on long distance relationships. He spoke of how people keep in touch and overcome distance through love, determination and the most awesome thing ever - The Internet. He had a point you know, and I'm not talking about the internet factor here (though it is still awesome). What I speak of here is his focus on "love". He had a valid point in saying that without love, the relationship will not last simply for the fact that there will be no serious relationship stuff to start with. I'm all for that. The definition of love isn't set in stone. For me, love is an unconditional attachment to something or someone. But what I feel is the bitter truth, how does love come to be? Would you love a person who wishes to kill you? Who abuses you? Yeah, some people will say yes, but that is AFTER they have fallen in love with the sadistic partner of theirs. What I speak of is BEFORE. How does it all start? You like something cause of it's use, or it has something that attracts you. Isn't it same with people. You don't FALL into love. You sink into it. Slowly. A time then comes, when your respect for the person exceeds your own. That is what I call love. A point when people are ready to do something for the other person without asking for a return. Mind you, even that has it's limits, so don't become a selfish prick. So until there comes a time when you truly cannot think of hurting the person you like, ever, you can't call it love. At least as I see it.

Another thing I try to cope up with daily is the expression of betrayal. Someone or the other around keeps on ranting about being "betrayed" by a some bloke or other. Especially in cases of (here it comes again) "Love". Cheating boyfriends/girlfriends are something of a common thing now-a-days. I know it must suck big time when a person you care about so deeply goes after someone else and gives them your "love" badge. But people have to realise that it is for the better. If the person didn't care for you enough to be loyal to you, the person here probably doesn't deserve your care. So it's about time you took your care and moved on to greener pastures. It takes getting over, but I feel people make a too bigger deal out of it. If you remember your "mistake" (I'm not calling that person "love", it was an error in judgement of character, get over it) with hearts around, try recalling what you have been through. Surely the cons are greater than the pros. If you can't get over it and call it "unconditional love", then well, you probably like something ALLOT in the person. Try someone else with the same feature. Maybe you'll overcome your episode. See? Simple. Just gotta think straight.

The most precious social emotion is the family feeling , which I will not cover, since I can't imagine explaining it. It's too pure to me. THAT is love in true form. But just in case your family does try to pull something on ya - arranged marriage or something for "your own good"- try telling them what you feel. If in some cases there is a question of family pride, a.k.a ego, involved, well then...best of luck. I'm not into advising anything wrong. But one's life is his own, no one else's. Do what you feel is best.
The last and one emotion I can say I know most about is friendship. Mutual relationships among people which ( I feel) are stronger than any emotion ever. Friendship like love starts mutual, grows onto you, and develops if you nurture it. A true friend will never ask you to do the choosing. He will understand your situation. He will sacrifice. If you want a true friend, you gotta be a true friend. It's not one way ( like a few times in the "love" issue. I call it madness). No betrayal of trust from either side, no lies, jokes...it's a wonderful thing. Something to be felt. If you have a lover who asks you leave a friend, DON'T! To make a person loose a friend is not love. Not by my books. Same goes for a friend who puts his friendship on the line cause you like a person he doesn't. I true friend is rare. Recognise and treasure that person forever.

True love, true friendship are hard to find. Don't let either go cause of selfish people. This is how I see daily emotions. Not complicated. Just sort of over hyped. Thanks for bearing with me. I have the most awesome friends in the world. That I can claim. Hope you do too... :)

2 comments:

  1. You have a way of writing in multiple genres(something which i'm still learning). Very well written post. I see a nice accolades into blogging.
    Wishing you all the success.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks brother! I try to learn. You're ideas are so much more better than mine. I'm like a juvenile writer...

    ReplyDelete