Sunday, December 4, 2011

The early morning bird

I don't know if I would qualify as the early morning person. Sure I get up normally by 6 or so, but I'm pretty sure the original early bird had more "early" in mind when that phrase was coined. But I bet the early birds didn't have a house full of sleepy heads when they intended to get up early enough. Seeing people around you sleep peacefully sort of takes out the will to get up. By the time I wake up, the sun is normally already high enough in the sky . It's still the time of dawn, but the birds are already chirping and flying around by this time(I'm speaking about the actual winged birds, not the early rising people). 

So it's December now, the days are shorter and the nights get longer. Effectively the 6 in the morning wake up time is the new early bird time. But do I get up at 6 now? No I don't. My college exams due in a few days make sure I have to squeeze out time to complete all those chapters in the book. So I start getting up at the regular early bird time, 4:30 in the morning. I'm pretty sure that's the ultimate early bird timing. Nobody can possibly get up earlier. Even the pigeons outside sleep then.  Especially in winters. Oh yeah. When the metaphor beats the inspiration, feels good.
Eh. Maybe not. Nothing good about getting up in a zombie state only to crash into stuff in the dark. And when you do sit to study, chances are your brain will be fuzzy. So you splash some water on your face and maybe get a bite to eat all in the effort to staying away. Maybe instead of being the early morning bird, you have become the late rising night owl :P

But early rising does have it's perks. You get to cram in a little more stuff in the head. You get to witness the beautiful sunrise, feel the chilly morning air and feel emotions which make you go all happy and makes you think all inspirational stuff. Just wish it was easier. I haven't caught my worm yet, but I'll keep trying.  I think the early morning breeze and the sight of the morning Sun does make it worthwhile.


No comments:

Post a Comment