Sunday, December 11, 2011

Don't forget the Joker!!

The joker is the most underrated card in the entire deck of 52 cards. For starters, I guess it is the only card with an entire body. It may mean nothing, but the way I see it, it is sending a clear message. The joker, based on a court jester, beat the other possibilities in the King's court. Just goes to show, sometimes even a little craziness is required. After all, what is food without spic and herbs?

I like seeing people laugh. And I enjoy the company of those who share their good natured laughter. They show you that it is simple things which make you appreciate life more than anything. These wonderful people will crack jokes, act goofy and even do wacko stuff to see a smile on your face. We called them the class clown in school. I too try to act goofy whenever I can. Life would be too boring otherwise. Goofy and "Pagalpanti" loaded moments are what make life's moments worth remembering.

The psychopath criminal from "The Dark Knight" wasn't so crazy after all. You know how we used to read a poetry in school and then try to figure out what the poet might be trying to convey in his poem? If I were to analyse the "joker" character, I would say he is the parody of what the world truly is. A sad sadistic place. In this sad world, he took it as is, took in the sad people going about their business and asked the most intriguing question "Why so serious?"

That was just a movie. But it made me wonder how we need to so ourselves the same question "Why so serious?". This doesn't mean you go around asking this question to every person on the street. It was funny and cool a couple of times, but now if anyone ever asks me that question again, I'll tell them why alright. But coming back to the point, I think we don't give our pranksters their due credit. I'm not advising any sadistic pranks, maybe a few harmless ones. Or maybe do something crazy once in a while.

I remember this time when me and MM( my room-mate) did this crazy video where we first tried to make parodies of famous music numbers we found funny, for our own amusement, that rolled on to a crying competition where we would cry and wail in the most weirdest fashion and record it. TOTALLY WACKO IDEA!! But we had fun. Still get a kick out of it when ever we take a look at it.

Then there was the time from my hostel days when we used to just rough each other for fun and make it look like a serious fight just to see the look on other's faces. A friend of mine was a real crazy one. I remember this time when we along with other friends, saw two girls walking in our direction holding hands.
"I bet I can make them live the hands" he had said.
We were curious and edged him on.
All he did was started doing was speaking loudly to me saying "I KNOW THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING GAY, BUT DON'T YOU THINK PUBLIC DISPLAY IS WRONG?"
Truthfully speaking, I was terrified. That was gutsy, but I wasn't sure it would work.
We walked 5 steps and stole a glance back to see those girls leave hands, and walking independently. We almost fell over laughing, with people looking at us like we were crazy.

Don't know if that's crazy enough. Not even by far the craziest, but even these little moments make life worth living. So you see, "Pagalpanti bhi zaroori hoti hai". Never forget the joker. It's the awesomest card ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment