Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Blogging Experience

It all started a few months ago. I remember trying to plan up a mystery novel and figured out that that the best way to improve my writing skills. But the big question was, who would read all the stuff i have written? Sure i could write and then i could read my own articles but the review by other people seem to be a better option. So i decided to put up a blog. Seemed like a perfect idea. I type what i want to express and others can read and i can get an occasional;feedback on my writing style. I tried one of the sites i had heard most about back then. Blogspot. Next was the name of the blog page. What should i call it? Names have always dumbfounded me since as long i can remember. I remember all the bizzare names i had come up for the college sae team.

Then it came to me. I name i was given in school. Wobble. I remember it having something to do with my short attention span, but anyways it had become a name i had decided to take up. I was Wobble. So it seemed natural that my blog should be called Wobble's Place. It was a place for me to speak up after all. That decided i registered my blog and planned to get down to blogging the next day.

Well...that was the plan. Thing was, i had totally forgotten interest in the blogging idea. I went on with my normal college schedule, trying a little to continue with my book. Then i hit the block. Thing is, when i was planning on writing a mystery novel, i had planned on making the plot completely secure, i.e, without any loopholes. And i could not think of one proper trap for the protagonist. Always figured out a way for him to escape. Thing was, i wanted him to be trapped helpless, and if i could think of an exit strategy, so could the reader. Ultimately the writing part was put on hold, and i started giving a little mind space to technical stuff like engines and automobile systems. I still dig those topics, but somewhere, i still wanted to write. I had always wanted to be a writer or a free lance journalist before i decided to take up engineering.

A few months had passed by now from the time i had first registered my blog. I was reminded about it by a close friend who had resumed the work on his own blog Crimson Room Thoughts. Totally inspirational. It all started coming back to me. My blog. My desire to write.I decided to give it a go. Again. I put up a post called "Social Blackhole". My attempt on Social Networking. Followed by a few personal posts. I guess, at that time i knew my blog wasn't known at all, so i literally used to write whatever came to my head. My friend encouraged me to write more. I did. Got myself registered at Blogadda and Indiblogger. Seeing the count cross 1000 for the first time made me smile. The feeling was awesome. :)

I recently got my first Indirank. 70. Maybe in times to come, i'll get better. Blogging had become a part of this person and i can't help but smile when i read other blogs and feel awesome realizing that i'm a part of communities with people who have such excellent minds. A freedom. Maybe one day i can call myself a proper blogger and count myself amongst the other intellectuals.

Signing off : The Amateur Blogger 

4 comments:

  1. that was fun reading
    keep sharing and rank don;t mind that much.. it is just a number...
    good luck
    DeepaK

    ReplyDelete
  2. a start is a start. small/big/hesitant/slow -whatever.

    nice to know how the blog got its name. that's kind of the most mind-boggling aprt of it. in your case, it was almost a given - Wobble :) which has a quaint ring to it

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Wobble" sounded like the most sensible thing. Seemed JUST right. Thanks for visiting :)

    ReplyDelete