Monday, January 2, 2012

I WILL LOOSE WEIGHT....eventually...!!!

The clock had just struck twelve and the fireworks officially announced the beginning of the year 2012. There were echoing voices screaming "Happy New Year". Lots of hugs, Hi-Fives and toasts to the new year. The barbecue party had turned out to be a cool idea and the night couldn't have been better. Amidst all this wishing frenzy, I had a piffany of a sort. I don't quite know what bought it on, just that all of a sudden, as my friends describe it, i had a weird expression on my face. Something between gleam and madness in my eyes. And all of a sudden there was voice shouting above all others," I HAVE MY NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION!! I WILL HIT THE GYM SOON, AND I RESOLVE THAT BY THE END OF THIS YEAR, I SHALL BE AS FIT AS THAT GUY IN ELEMENTARY BIOLOGY BOOKS!!!"

That said, i looked around to see the encouraging faces of my friends. with maybe a few words of encouragements.
**crickets** and maybe a *snicker*

Not a reaction i was expecting, but i guess i had earned it. I had been giving them that crap since as long as i can remember. I am not fat. Not exactly anyways. But anyways, I decided it was time to get in shape, and decided to hit the gym. Sadly, the hit the gym thing never took place. I either sleep past my exercise time or sometimes am in simply no mood to get up out of my comfy bed to take a jog. So far, a few days into the new year, it's too cold to venture out early in the morn. It's like there is no right time to do this. Plus the fact that staying here actually helps me loose weight. How? No clue. I'm not eating what you would call a balanced diet. Maybe it's all got something to do with the running around to college.

But I guess it's time that all the procrastination comes to a stop. Sure it wouldn't be pleasant to get up early, but maybe I can fall into a routine. Maybe. I have my doubts. I wouldn't be surprised if there are other people like me out there. I have no problem getting up. It's the going out the house part. Plus realising the fact that those jogging around you are twice your age does not sort of make it any better. If not for my body, then to show all those people out there that i can do it. I've just about had it with people rolling their eyes whenever i mention the topic.

Hope i can bring myself up to task.




No comments:

Post a Comment