Thursday, November 17, 2011

Samosas, Vada Paos and Cold-drinks

Dieting. The conceptualized way to loose weight. You eat less fatty stuff (Some people skip meals altogether) and in the end you are rewarded with a slimmer and a healthier body. So what would be the opposite of dieting? For a part, maybe it's something I'm following. I stay in a rented apartment close to college. Our gas cylinder got over about 6 months ago, and we have been super lazy to apply for a new one. The proper food joints (as close you can get to food anyways) are located in a market area about 300 meters away. And when the tummy rumbles, the only saviour around is "Kiran Bhai" and his "Kiran's Cafe".


 Now this place is far what might strike your head when you hear the word "cafe". I doubt you get coffee there, but I've heard he makes a mean "Adrak ki chai". And what might you get on the menu? The all time favourites : Samosas, Vada Paos (which are dumplings made out of potatoes and marinated with Besan), poha and "bread pakodas". On occasional rainy days, he even whips up onion pakodas, which sell like hot cakes (just a similie here, no cakes on sale). When we have so much food right under our appartment building, why bother with all the fancy stuff. So our usual lunch menu consists of a samosa, a vada pao and an occasional bread pakoda. To wash that down, we go for a cold drink. Now tell me readers, what do you think of our daily lunch menu? It certainly made me loose WHATEVER was left of my appetite.

 For the record, we do eat proper dinner everyday. The wonder thing though. I've lost 3 kilograms without any exercise routine. Go figure. Now I hope none of you readers are planning to try this at home. We might not exercise allot officially, but believe me, running up and down to college and back is more than enough exercise for us. We're just lucky with that I guess. The things not good though. Gone are the days when samosas used to a rare treat at home. Now it's our staple meal. I don't feel like looking at the stuff whenever I go home. And this is the part which really sucks.


It's every kids dream to have junk for a meal. Thing is, it no longer remains something we would enjoy once in a while. Why ruin the fun and the magic of the thing by regulating it? Believe me, you WILL get bored. As for the health issue, it's still bad. So only one advice from a junkie here (yeah I know. Ironic. But hey, speaking out of experience). Eat healthy and savour the taste once a while. As for me, it's time for one of those "I WILL NO DO IT" regime. No junk for lunch. Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment