Wednesday, February 8, 2012

KEEPING IN TOUCH

People meet in different circumstances all the time. Some turn out to be your enemies, some become your friends, some go by as your acquaintances and some people just go by without having any influence at all. Then what? What happens if the person becomes a part of your life? Do you nurture the friendship? Well that is upon the individual in question it not?

There are people who you care about. Friends who you are as close to as your sibling. Suddenly he has to move to a different place. You promise to stay in touch. For a time being you do too. Then as a few months go by, you get busy. You call a few times, your friend calls a few times, but in the end, it sort of just sublimes to an rare call on a occasion. The sad part is, it becomes a two way thing.

Then there are times when the universe just seems to conspire against the bond of friendship get-togethers. Like last year. All my friends had made a plan to go to Corbett. I was all set too. Had been ages since I had met my buddy. Then the most unexpected thing happens...my practicals get ridiculously postponed by a week and end the same day when everyone's been supposed to go back!! The timing couldn't have been better.Then the latest thing.

My friend called me recently to invite me to his sister's marriage. He stays in Delhi while i'm here in Pune. I couldn't go. All my friends would be there. I feel like a toddler who has been refused the permission to play with his friends cause he apparently has more"Productive" thing to do. It felt wrong. It felt bad. The guilt was huge. Here is a guy who invites me to his place 2000kms away and i can't go.

Every time i think of ringing them up, i end up thinking whether i would be disturbing their schedule or something. Many a time, i don't bother. I don't know why. These people are the one of the best people i have met in ages and they seem to be fading away, slipping away like sand grain from my hands...people move on, they fade away and make space for those who arrive in your life everyday. But you try to hold on. As i am trying. I try to stay in touch. Though admittedly i might not be doing enough.

Maybe it's time i did something about it though. A short trip to Delhi wouldn't hurt. I'll pre-book my tickets to be sure.

Dedicated to all the friends i don't wanna loose....ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment