Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Amateur Blogger

I remember the first time I laid my hands on a computer. It was school. Class 2. We had the "Logo" language and we would be assigned to move a triangle called the "Turtle" and make simple geometric shapes on the black screen. Yeah. Not very pleasant. Didn't like the computer very much then. Two years later, we get one at home. The 9 year old was introduced to the early games like "The lion king" and "Dangerous Dave". Got a few game CDs then, "The Amazing Spiderman" and "Prince of Persia 3D". Going to Planet M and checking out new CDs and holding a CD case close and making those pleading eyes at dad.

I was hooked to gaming. I still am. I find that there is always SOME thing I am hooked on to. The first year into college, there was Facebook, the second year, Twitter and now in my third, it's my most favourite yet, Blogging and writing. In the last few months I decided that engineering wasn't what I had imagined it to be. There was no "inventing stuff" and every effort to think of something different was shot down with only one word : "Scores".

There was no creativity here. With difficulty, a few classmates and I managed to get enrolled in an ATV making competition and actually coming out with a good result. Was enough to shut most of the people up, but there was no satisfaction. I wasn't doing anything creative with . Then a friend of mine came up with an idea last year. "Lets write a book" he had said. And with new gusto we got down to a crime/mystery novel. But ultimately the education caught up and I haven't quite gotten down to write it beyond 10 chapters. I intend to finish. I've always had a good story in mind. Was just short of time.

It was then that I took up blogging. Though I have had this account since ages it's only recently that i've started using it. I started blogging with one purpose in mind. To improve my skill with words. I'm still an amateur, but I'm trying hard. It's difficult to blog with exams, assignments and other, but I guess I must be genuinely interested to follow it up. It has become sort of a compulsion. But I'm not complaining. All I hope is that I'm getting better with every blog post.

The best part of blogging is reading what other blogger's works. The best feeling for an amateur blogger? See his number of hits jump from 500 to 900 in just 3 days. It may be slow, but it gives me a good feeling to see that people are landing on my blog. Another thing I really dig about blogging is the "freedom of speech" part. It's one place where I can be me.Not many places left like that.I'm working on my short story collection too. Maybe I'll upload it for people to read. 

I'm still learning tons about blogging. Blogging from my phone for the most part. The interface, I owe it to a very dear friend. Signing off as an aspiring engineer, a wannabe author and an amateur blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment